Wednesday 3 December 2008

A special evening! 2nd Dec. 2008

Made a supremeo effort last night and went to David Batman's retirement bash (my old boss from OH Nestle). I was absolutely thrilled to be invited even before all this cropped up and I really wanted to make the effort as I have a great deal of respect for him. Also it was the job that set me on my current path, so I'm eternally grateful for that. I hadn't intended to stay longer than a drink, but they kindly included Graham and adapted the meal to suit me. It was a super night and I was able to catch up with old friends and colleagues.

I'm going to take this opportunity in my blog to say a huge thanks to my Nestle friends, too many to name and I'd need a separate blog to expand. We've all been through alot together and they're such a wonderful bunch of people who have kept in touch and were there immediately they knew about my diagnosis.