Saturday 27 December 2008

Boxing Day 2008


Another sleepless night, coughing, feeling sick, drinking cold water, staring into the dark and wondering when I'll feel better. My hands and feet are burning, my mouth tastes like I've eaten polish or something obnoxious. I can't lay down because that makes me cough HELP! (this info is in the interest of monitoring side effects and not meant to be self pitying - well maybe a little). Actually while I'm talking side effects, have I mentioned the fact that all peripheral nerve sensors don't seem to work, for example my scalp and feet feel dead, it's a weird one to describe.

I was so grateful when 6a.m. came and I heard Joseph moving around downstairs (he has to work today, it's crazy). I felt like pooh, but I got up and helped him get ready. We shared a few Mum and Son hugs before he left. Everyone else eventually got up and we enjoyed the morning, especially as we had a surprise visit from Joan and Gerry. Joan brought me some beautiful silver earrings and I was sad to see them go.

By lunch time Roo and Gor, Louis and Colleen had left too and the house seemed really quiet. It looked like a bomb had dropped, but I didn't really care, it had been well worth it.