Monday 22 December 2008

22nd Dec.2008 'Help throw me a life belt'

It's somewhere between 3 and 4a.m. I'm swimming again, not pleasant, plus when the cold air outside the covers hits the dampness of your nightwear, it's really cold. Anyway I've decided to get up and make myself a warm drink, for which I will be duly chastised later in the morning when Graham finds out (I don't like to wake him unless I really need to). Ahh, the kettle has boiled, so I'm off till later.

Later - Did eventually manage to sleep on and off, it's strange how you always sleep better as the dawn comes up. Suddenly it was 7.30a.m. and I needed something to eat and drink, not feeling good at all initially. It's a beautiful morning, sunny and dry and I feel frustrated at not being able to get up and get on with the general housework. Graham is always eager and willing to do anything, but there's that need to at least try, maybe tomorrow.

Poor Daisy is definitely depressed, she doesn't seem to want to be in the house and her posture is really low, I wish I could make her feel better, I guess she just senses things are different. Anyway, on the positive side Christmas is only two days away and I am so looking forward to seeing all my family, it'll be great. I'm going to try and make some of Jamie Oliver's mince pies if I can raise the energy, the ones with filo and puff pastry, yummy! Let you know how they come out.