Monday 15 December 2008

15th Dec. 2008

Not a great deal to report. Sunday I managed to get some more shopping done and had a visit from my niece and family. Today, although I didn't really feel like it, we went to York and met Graham's brother Barry and Sue. It wasn't just a social meeting, it was also an opportunity to discuss the problems we're having with their Mum, Nan, or Grandma as we all know her. It's a difficult time for them as she needs care but is stubbornly refusing to accept anything. Everyone is stressed with the situation, which has been made worse by Social Services inability to come up with anything useful - Care in The Community - I don't think so!

Well, we'll get through yet another 'muddy field' one way or another. The day ended nicely though as we met up with Joe and Louis (our boys) and we all had a laugh over lunch.

The only other downside over the last few days is Graham's 'snotty' cold. Unbelievable as he never gets colds, plus he's been taking Echinacea. I'm terrified I'll pick something up, but there's little we can do, other than be really careful with hand-washing etc.