Saturday 6 December 2008

6th Dec 2008

Wow - A totally different day today. Enough energy to get up and go out to town for a coffee and a bit of Christmas shopping. Actually I woke up at 4a.m. feeling really hungry and by 5.30a.m. needed to make toast. After only a short time in York I was longing for something to eat and we had lunch at the 'Ate O'clock' a fab little restaurant owned by Kenny Noble and his lovely family. Graham has been singing there most Fridays for several years now and we do tend to make a regular Saturday visit, but this is the first time for a while. Kenny's food is second to none and today was no exception - words cannot describe how much I enjoyed it.

Back home and I get a visit from Pat,Mike, Julia, Dave & Emily. Dave has spent the morning cooking various dishes - fish pie, corned beef hash & other yummy combinations, all neatly packaged in foil dishes, ready to freeze and be eaten at my whim. I'm gobsmacked yet again at my family's thoughtfulness and generosity. Huge thanks to all.

Lastly, got Ruth & Gordon staying over. Ruth brought me some superb head wear ideas and we tried them with various earrings - cool.