Tuesday 23 December 2008

23rd Dec.2008 'Christmas Eve Eve!

Well I did do the mince pies and they seem to be ok, they've had the seal of approval from Graham, but I must confess I started them and couldn't remember how on earth Jamie did them, so there had to be some improvisation. That's another side effect, the brain just doesn't work properly and I'm just hoping we don't end up with custard on the turkey.

It was probably my lowest day yesterday, physically and mentally, but I put this down largely to the fact that I've been trying to cope with a cough and the constant 'snot' (sorry if you're eating), which is bad enough without the chemotherapy. I can see why an infection could be so critical.

Anyway, the good news is I did sleep marginally better, with just a hot chocolate drink at 3a.m. Took a flask with me (tip from my friend Hilz who has been through this - thanks Hilz).

Still coughing well this morning, but definitely improved and hoping to go put a wreath on Mum and Dad's grave today, pick up the veg and generally tidy up. Well, most of this will be done by Graham under my watchful eye. Onwards and upwards!

Update - Didn't go out in the end as I feel dreadful, just rested and watched telly. I did have a nice visit from an old colleague and friend in the afternoon. Pippa is a wonderful Mum to her two children and they're a real credit to her. She is also a brilliant seamstress and cook and came bearing a little basket, that looked like something from Red Riding Hood, bearing a home made Christmas Pudding, Ginger cake and Strawberry Jam. Thanks Pip.