Wednesday 10 December 2008

10th Dec. 2008 - Sigourney Day!



Roo and Gor arrived early and after a quick breakfast we set up the hairdressing equipment and took some final photo's. To keep the event as light as possible I decided that Roo should try out her hidden styling talents. We started with an ear length bob, which looked really good, must bear that in mind when I grow it back. We then progressed to a more adventurous undercut - groovy!



I sensed by this point that Roo felt she'd missed her vocation. Within a few moments I was sporting a very chic cut, short at the back, long at the front. Next came Roo's revenge - long at one side short on the other, very sixties I thought. What was next, oh yes, something Roo called a 'seagull', I hope that's right - short all over except for a long strip hanging from each temple.




So, having got this far it was down to business and a number 3 all over. At this point I instructed Roo to carry out 'Louis revenge'. Remember that Louis? I was cutting your hair, alternating from a No2, to a zero when Ruth distracted me and you ended up with the 'M1' running from your forehead upwards, right down to the skin. I am really sorry, but at least you got the day off school. I wonder if that's why you have it so long these days?

Surprisingly my hair is still quite dark at the roots and Roo couldn't resist shaving a 'smiley face' on top before finishing the job completely. I was glad at this point that Graham was out for the day, think this might have freaked him out.

So we had lots of laughs and took lots of photographs, some of which will appear on my blog eventually. After a shower I tried my first 'new look', a sparkly long scarf around my head with a black trilby hat on top. It looked great, especially when I'd put some make up on and I would recommend the look to anyone struggling with the usual 'do rags' or woolly hats. I also have a pink peaked cap (thanks Julia), which will look good on top of a nice pink scarf. Anyway, there will be pictures and I'm sort of relieved that it's over so I can concentrate on looking good again.



Thanks to all concerned.

P.S - The anti sickness pills must work as I made a Balti curry last night and had no after effects at all. Also the Grimethorpe Colliery Band were absolutely amazing last night. Thanks Dad for introducing me to Brass Band music, I remember very clearly the night you took me to the Minster and I think this was the first time music really moved me. I remember looking up at you that night and feeling real warmth and love.