Wednesday 17 December 2008

Occupational Health Nestle

I remember very clearly my first night at Nestle York. Jackie, one of the OH team, had agreed to meet me outside under the clock. It was absolutely pouring down that night and I stood trying to keep the driving rain off with my useless umbrella, wondering where Jackie was. Eventually I walked up the road, only to discover there were two clocks. We both laughed about that once we were dry. Jackie was a real down to earth lady, very smart, very caring and I liked her instantly.

The rest of the team were great too and I ended up doing some day shifts and getting to know everyone in the department and what Occupational Health was about. As luck would have it, a full time position became vacant in the department and I was encouraged to apply. So began my time at Nestle and my journey into a very rewarding profession.

I loved my time at Nestle, I learnt so much and gained some truly wonderful friends who have been and remain a source of great comfort and support. My thanks to you all.