Wednesday 17 December 2008

17th Dec. 2008 'Getting prepared'

I didn't blog yesterday because there was little to say, other than I've finished Christmas shopping - hurray! Just as well really, as it's 'ding ding, seconds out, round 2' tomorrow.

I've been for my pre-chemo bloods this morning at Selby War Memorial. The phlebotomist was really sweet, she told me I don't need to make appointments in the future, I can just take my blood slip with me and they'll fit me due to the importance of my results. She also said they would get to know me, which I found really kind and reassuring. I was going to say that I don't want to be treated any differently to others, but that's not strictly true, in all honesty it's those little 'perks' if you can call them that, that are really appreciated.

Unfortunately I have developed a dry itchy throat, despite our best efforts, so I rang the oncology nurse this morning and they will check my results. In the meantime, I have to keep a close eye on my temperature and let them know if I feel ill in any way. Apparently, even a run of the mill cold can rapidly develop into something nasty. So fingers crossed that I stay ok and can have my second chemotherapy tomorrow.