Sunday 28 December 2008

28th Dec 2008


Yippee, did actually sleep a little last night, it wasn't brilliant but it's a start. Oddly though each time I woke it felt as though someone had turned on a tap and I poured with sweat.

Did I mention earlier that Daisy has been really distressed by my coughing? Daisy normally sleeps at the end of our bed and once curled up there is reluctant to move even when we're up and dressed. She has, for some reason, always reacted to me clearing my throat or coughing, nobody else, just me, but over the last week or so it's really been a pain for her. Not only that, it's made it more difficult for me on a night as I'm conscious that when I do have a coughing fit she's going to start doing figure of eights up and down the bed. Anyway, a couple of nights ago, we made our way up to bed. Daisy was curled up on the settee and instead of dutifully following us up, she just raised an eyebrow as if to say 'seeya!' We thought she would follow eventually, but no, she stayed in the same spot all night until Graham went down and let her out. The same last night, except that this morning she came up at 7.30a.m. doing her Lassie impression, with a look that said 'for Gods sake I need a pee'. Such a clever dog I don't give her enough credit really, but she'll be happy when she reads this - ha!

I have to say that Daisy probably isn't the only one who's been driven to distraction by my coughing. Graham has not only put up with it, he's been there during the crappy nights and has brought me drinks, made me laugh and just been generally wonderful. I know that things are tough for him right now, not just because of me and I have to say Graham ('cos I know you'll read this as soon as I've written it) I Love You more than words can ever say.