Monday 8 December 2008

8th Dec. 2008 - Onwards & Upwards

Just had two really good days without feeling shaky and short of breath. My appetite has certainly improved, in fact I find myself thinking of crispy bacon, spicy curries and generally savoury foods. Unfortunately they don't always taste as I imagined, but it doesn't stop me dreaming. I do find I have to eat regularly to prevent a drop in energy levels, but I'm also aware that it's easy to put weight on during chemotherapy, it's called 'the munchies'.

Yesterday was a lazy day. We walked to the market garden (Ruth, Graham & Daisy dog) for some fresh vegetables. We bumped into Annie & John there, so they came for coffee and a mince pie. After Ruth & Gordon left we brought down the Christmas decorations and I managed to get the tree and lights sorted, just a few bits left to do.

This morning I was awake early again and hungry! For some reason now though I'm feeling a bit sickly and anxious. It might be the impending hair loss milestone. I ran my hands through my hair this morning and found I had more than the usual two or three strands, so I'm conscious of a new phase. It'll be fine though and my Niece can plan her 'fund raising' shave.