Tuesday 2 December 2008

More family mentions

Talking about my brother's retirement, I should just introduce you to my brother Alan and his lovely wife Tina. We've never been in each others pockets over the years, but there has always been a great respect and a deep connection. The unfortunate demise of our dear Mum a couple of years ago really brought us all together and I can never thank Alan enough for the amount of work he put into sorting everything out.

Alan is retiring from his Headmasters post at Pocklington and plans to move to their beautiful place in the South of France. I would like to thank him and Tina for pushing us into a 'snap' decision to go there last October. It was a magical week and it relaxes me thinking of the lovely tree lined roads and quaint French villages. Thanks for that, I hope we can do it again sometime soon!

Barry & Sue - My brother and sister-in-law - I forgot to mention right at the beginning of my blog. On my last day at work ?27th October they were both at Brough, near Hull with Graham trying to sort out care for 'Grandma'. I'd had a very busy morning and was frantically trying to tie up bits and pieces before I left. My boss left the office and I made a few calls, then Oh My God, I was having a major vertigo attack. It was a really bad one and my poor friend Joan from the office carried out duties above and beyond the call of duty until help arrived.

To their credit, Barry and Sue dropped everything and came all the way from Brough to Rotherham to rescue me. I was so grateful to just be back in my own home that day and I can't thank them enough for that. I know they both found my illness very hard to deal with at first, but after an evening together and some well placed 'dark humour' (we're quite good at that), I hope they are much more relaxed about it.