Tuesday 27 January 2009

Tue. 27th Jan 2009

Ate too much yesterday and I'm suffering for it today, but not to worry, I look forward to my meals even if they don't taste of much. One thing I can't seem to cope with is chocolate, which is strange as you'd think that would be a treat. Just the thought of it can make me feel ill. Also, I can't seem to enjoy a cup of tea or coffee and if I do have one, it's usually without the milk. So I wonder if it's the milk that doesn't agree with me and the chemo.

I have experienced really distressing problems with my digestive system this time and I need to sort those out before my next treatment as it's resulted in me losing weight. Apart from severe heartburn and reflux, I've had to put up with cramping stomach ache every time I've had something to eat or drink. Added to the fact that I've 'been in France' for two weeks, this has been a real problem. Now I'm 'back from France' so to speak, If I need to go, I really need to go, which makes it difficult to plan time out of the house. (For anyone who doesn't know, the reference to being in France stems from the fact that when I went to stay in my brothers place for a week and absolutely could not go to the loo, so it's become our little joke!) Sorry to labour the bodily functions, but they are an essential part of everyday life and are affected quite dramatically by chemotherapy.

So what's on the chart for the rest of the day? Not much, it gets pretty boring sometimes and the computer is a real lifeline to the outside world. My niece Dawn is about to cash up her sponsor money and I know she's excited. We've now got posters and tickets for the 'music night' at Stockton on Forest (28th Feb.) so don't miss out if you want a really fun time - all proceeds to the York Hospital Oncology Unit.