Saturday 31 January 2009

Sat. 31st Jan. 2009

Been into York today, it was very cold, but I can't miss an opportunity to get out and about while I feel well (apart from the sniffles). Under normal circumstances I enjoy looking at clothes and shoes, so it struck me as funny when I realised that the food section of Marks & Spencer's and Betty's wonderful selection of cakes held more of an attraction than any of the fashion shops. I came home with spicy sausages, a chilli & ginger stir fry sauce, peppered crisps and some scones from Betty's. How on earth I'm managing not to pile on weight is beyond me, but hey, I'm not complaining and I feel completely justified in being self indulgent this week!

I've made a couple of interesting discoveries today. The first being 'Mucositis' which is a problem caused by Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide) one of the chemotherapy drugs I have. It relates to soreness of the mouth, ulcers and burning along the digestive tract, plus acid reflux, which sounds very familiar! The other thing I discovered about Cytoxan is that it's derived from Mustard Gas, which is a very scary thought!