Saturday 24 January 2009

Sat. 24th Jan 2009 'Light at the end of.....'

Finally, I see a glimmer of improvement! Strangely though it's only been apparent this evening. We had planned to go to Ilkley today and I was determined to get up early so we could pick up Joe and be there for just after 10a.m. (why do I set the bar so high?). It really wasn't easy, by the time I'd dressed and decided which hat to wear (a big decision for me these days), I was completely 'cream crackered'. Anyway, we did get off early and we arrived at 10a.m. in Ilkley where we met Ruth and Gordon for a rather special breakfast in Betty's.

It was when we got up to go that I realised I couldn't push up from the chair without using my arms, there was nothing there for a moment and I had to wait until they stopped wobbling. After this it was a rather shakey mooch around the shops, but I did find a nice jacket (ah, shopping therapy). The same thing happened again later when we'd been for another coffee and I was relieved to get back to their apartment for a rest.

Graham showed Roo how to drill holes for some shelves they'd bought and we chilled. We left around 3p.m and even then I noticed I felt marginally better. It's 6.15p.m. now and we've just had some soup, which I really enjoyed, plus it hasn't as yet been followed by the disgusting metallic taste I usually get. So I'm feeling really positive and hopeful that after a good nights sleep and a slow start tomorrow I'll be on the up. If that happens I'll know that the pattern is likely to be '10 days bad' and '10 days good' (sounds like a quote from 'Animal Farm')and I only have to put up with this two more time - hopefully!

Note: Arrived home to yet another lovely parcel containing a super winter hat with long ear pieces - thanks Jean, Max, Viv & Jane - You're so sweet and thoughtful.