Friday 16 January 2009

16th Jan 2009 - The morning after.

After a pretty strange night I'm feeling surprisingly good this morning (sshh, don't speak too soon). I thought I would take the opportunity to say a big thank you to my dear friends who continue to support me with heartfelt words of support via my blog, e-mail, text, cards etc.

It would be hard to name everyone, but here's a few for starters. Max - thank you so much for your support and your comment on my blog last night, I know you can identify with much of what I'm going through and I really value your words of encouragement.

Jean, thanks for being there, I enjoy our occasional telephone conversations and I love the fact that every now and then a card or gift arrives, with a simple but deeply felt comment or verse, they mean so much to me, as does your friendship.

As you know Joan & Gerry are currently on a cruise to New Zealand. They've just been to New York where it was very snowy and now they're in Miami on the beach - great eh! But do you know I get texts and e-mails, even had a phone call informing me that they were visiting churches wherever possible to speak to 'The Big Man' as Gerry calls him. Hugs and kisses to you both.

While we're in foreign places, I will just say a big hello and thanks to Patti and Dave in beautiful Indiana. They've just become Grandparents to little Emmett son of Themba & Kerri. It seems really strange to think of Themba all grown up with his own son. We did see him when we visited Patti & Dave a few years ago, but my over riding memories are of him as a small boy in Swaziland - how time flies.

Apart from those above I have Hilz, my nursing buddy who keeps me straight on any medical worries and Anne my colleague/friend - both keep me going with their sense of humour and bubbly personalities.

To all those I've mentioned and those I will eventually - thank you so much!!!!!!!

13.30p.m. Just to prove my point, I've just received a super little package from my Nestle girlfriends Max, Jean, Viv & Jane, it contained sachets of hot chocolate, coffee and herbal teas, a little ditty plus some inspiring paper cuttings - how lovely and so thoughtful.