Monday 26 January 2009

Mon.26th Jan 2009 'Go Teddy go'

Hey folks, I'm a little jaded this morning, but part of this is self inflicted (no, not alcohol). With some trepidation, I went with Graham to see Teddy Thompson & his band in York. The tickets were a Christmas present from Graham and were bought on the basis that I would be in my 'good days'. If I'm honest, going to music concerts is not top of my 'like to do' list, but the venue for Teddy's was small to medium and I really love his voice and songs.

My concern was the fact that it was a 'standing' concert and my body doesn't do standing at the moment, especially my legs. However, we parked nearby, queued for 30 minutes (aagh!) and got in right at the front. It couldn't have been a better position, I had a large pillar behind and the barrier in front, so plenty to lean on, not forgetting Graham of course.

All my frailties disappeared when they came on stage, it was a wonderful evening and both him and his band were brilliant. True to form my brain kept flashing images of food 'fish and chips - mmmmm', so as we made our way back to the car we stopped and got some chips (big apologies to all my Health Professional friends and colleagues), boy did I enjoy them and it felt quite romantic! So thanks Graham for a superb Christmas present and sorry to my 'chemotherapy armies', I'll try to be good today.

Later: Ok, so I haven't been an angel today. We went and had lunch in York, then I was hungry again tonight so I cooked some peppered mackerel and rice. To complete my very indulgent day I've been eating sherbet lemons (refreshing) and now have no skin on the roof of my mouth, ah well, small sacrifice.