Friday 9 January 2009

9th Jan 2009

Definitely a good decision yesterday. I slept really well last night and I feel a few degrees better this morning. If I'd had the chemotherapy I know I would be feeling really crap this morning. Another week will make all the difference and hopefully I will have a manageable three week cycle next time. So today I'm relaxing, knitting, listening to our iPod music and wondering what to eat next! I'm sure I'll be like a house end by the time all this is over.

I've started to look at the different options following my mastectomy, which will be around April time I think. Originally I thought I would just go with a prosthesis, but as Mr MJ offered to do a reconstruction at the same time, I have looked at the different kinds. I'm currently leaning towards a Lat-flap, which means they take the tissue and muscle from the back of the upper chest. It means I would have a reasonable shape and even a cleavage. I was quite flattered that he felt I was a 'young lady' who would probably benefit from this. So that's something to aim towards, plus I know that shortly after that we will be heading up to beautiful Skye and a truly needed holiday, hopefully with all this behind us.