Saturday 17 January 2009

Sat.17th Jan. 2009

Got a call from Joan & Gerry last night, it was lovely to hear their voices. They were walking down the warm pavements in Curacao, sounds beautiful.

Unfortunately I didn't sleep well, woke at 3.30a.m. and no matter how hard I tried I could not switch my brain off. I went and got a drink, sat gazing around, listened to the radio and mulled over hundreds of situations, conversations, plans, fears, you name it I went over it, until finally around 5.45 I must have dozed off for 30 minutes, only to be woken by severe reflux oesophagitis (steroid effect).

Still, once Graham woke around 07.30a.m. and I'd had my breakfast and pills, I realised I felt remarkably well again, so we got organised to go meet our friends in York for a coffee. As a bonus, the sun was shining and it didn't feel too cold. Just as I'd had enough in York, my brother called and asked us for some lunch. Tina had found some cross stitch bits in Oxfam which she thought I would like. It was really nice to see them and great to see how relaxed Alan is now he's retired from his Headmaster's post at Lyndhurst in Pocklington.

So all in all, it's looking good this time - fingers crossed!