Wednesday 7 January 2009

7th Jan 2009

Up early this morning and off to Selby Hospital for my blood test. I'm feeling really anxious about tomorrow's treatment, I'm terrified that I will be unwell again, especially as I still haven't fully recovered from the bugs I picked up four weeks ago. I intend to have a good talk to them tomorrow (the oncology staff, not the bugs) and express my concerns about my health, the numerous side effects and the breathlessness, which I've no doubt is due to the germs, but it still worries me. My sister is coming to 'buddy' me tomorrow, I think it will be good for her to have some involvement, her and Mike have been so supportive and it will be nice to have her there.

Had an unexpected visit from Louis and 'my fiancee' John (a running joke). Also our friend Alan came and we went to Howden for lunch, so it's actually been quite a full day which has kept my mind off what's to come, until now! So, we'll see what happens and I'll report back tomorrow.