Tuesday 6 January 2009

6th Jan 2009

Woke in the early hours with horrendous indigestion/heartburn which started in the epigastric region and very quickly became spasm radiating into my back, neck and even my ear and face. Nothing shifts it, not even the tablets they gave me last time, so not much sleep again.

We went into York to pick up my glasses, but I was nervous before we set off as I felt a bit queasy and had needed an urgent visit to the loo. In town I didn't improve, we met Alan in Costa and I had to make another dash to the loo before I left to go to the opticians. My glasses are great, they're lightweight and rimless, very different to the ones I've had which were 'designer' but quite heavy. Since starting chemotherapy I've found I can't bear them, they press into my head and irritate my nose, also when I'm wearing my hats and scarves, the arms seem to act like microphones (that's a hard one to explain, you'll just have to trust me). Anyway, I like them and Graham thinks I look more serene and sexy, but then he'd think I looked sexy in a sack and wellies - bless!.

It's fortunate that I know where all the store toilets are as I needed to make a couple of emergency visits. By the time I was able to find Graham I felt like crap and just wanted to get home.

The rest of the day has been good though. I had a call from my friend Anne and caught up on everything from 'what's happening at work' to 'the price of fish' - yes we could talk a glass eye to sleep me and Anne. I really enjoy your calls!!