Thursday 8 January 2009

8th Jan 2009 - Third Chemo Treatment?

(left) Patty and Mike

Well should have been my third treatment today. My sister came and we went through to the Oncology unit at York. After a brief discussion with the Nurse, she went and spoke to Prof. D who immediately said I couldn't have the treatment today as I still have residual problems from the Christmas bugs I picked up. In some ways I think I was relieved as I know I'm still not fully fit and the thought of Chemo side effects on top is just too much, apart from the fact that I could end up with another infection and be unable to fight it.

I asked about the night sweats, but the nurse didn't seem to know whether these were related to the chemotherapy, at least once I'd ruled out menopausal causes, so that wasn't very re-assuring. Also I'm still experiencing bouts of diarrhoea which come on very suddenly. She seemed to think this might be due to the antibiotics, but I finished those over a week ago. I think I'll have to draw my own conclusions on that one.

So I'm back next Thursday 15th and in the meantime I will concentrate on resting and building myself up.