Thursday 1 January 2009

1st January 2009 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone.

I made it to the celebrations last night. Graham found me a green jacket like the one Sigourney has on in Alien 3 and then we wrote - 1Lt E RIPLEY on a couple on lighter coloured strips, a large one on the back and a small one on the front. Together with some combat trousers and my boots it looked great, but the finishing touch was Louis Sci fi gun and a chain with some 'cogs' hanging on it.

Graham looked fantastic in his Sean Connery gear (based on Sean's character from the Indiana Jones films). It was really funny watching peoples faces, I swear they thought it really was Mr Connery. It was a super night, we were greeted at the door with a choice of mini burgers or mini sausage and mash. Also attending were, Columbo, The Joker, Elvis (that was Kenny), a couple of Flappers, lots of Pink Ladies (not sure what they are) and lots of other characters. The buffet was superb as usual with swordfish Kebabs, a roast piglet, chicken, chips etc. Dessert took the form of a chocolate fountain with numerous naughty treats to dip in it.

We watched the countdown to Midnight on the TV and toasted with champagne, which incidentally tasted foul for me. It was quite an emotional few moments for me and although I know it's just another day really, I do hope things will be better in 2009.

So A HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my friends and family with love and thanks for your support over the past few months.