Wednesday 25 March 2009

Wed. 25th Mar. 2009

Well, so much for sleeping like a log last night. I think it's the worst night I've had for ages, I slept for a couple of hours and woke around 2a.m. There was so much going on in my head that I really thought I was going mad. I tried everything, including counting sheep, trouble is the sheep wouldn't jump the fence they kept bouncing off and spinning away. At one point I found myself sitting in the bathroom with tears dripping on my nightgown and feeling extremely sorry for myself.

Consequently I'm very tired this morning and I've just been to Selby Hospital for what I hope will be my last chemo bloods. This procedure has been getting gradually more painful due to the gnarled state of my veins, but this morning I nearly shot out of the chair and the pain in my arm and shoulder is excruciating even now. So combined with my lack of sleep and griping stomach ache, not a good start to the day, lets hope it improves.

Just about to go to bed and can't say it's been a thrilling day, I've slept and generally done very little. No call from the hospital, so it looks like treatment is on for tomorrow - yippee!