Thursday 26 March 2009

Fri. 27th Mar. 2009 'All together now - Awwww!'

Slept better than I had anticipated but did wake at fairly regular intervals feeling very disorientated and thirsty.

The thirst is caused by the Granisteron tablets (anti-sickness), they literally soak up the body fluids like a sponge, so I have to drink constantly to avoid the knock on effect of constipation.

So I'm up and dressed and waiting to see how the day goes without the steroids. I've just spoken to my GP, she's absolutely wonderful and has contacted me a couple of times to see how I am and if I need anything (such a rare quality these days). I've asked her to sign me back to work on Tuesday 14th April so that I can at least catch up for a couple of weeks before I go off again for my surgery.

I've just received a wonderful 'Mother's Day' gift from my daughter. It's a booklet of photographs from our trip to Paris last year, (a trip that I will always remember) prefaced by a poem by Walt Whitman 1819 - 1892 which I'm having read at my funeral (in the distant future of course). My heart is certainly bursting with love and thanks this morning.
(Blog picture shows recent flowers, BobbyBear and Lellyphant.)

I intend to take things really easy now and just count the days to feeling better!