Tuesday 24 March 2009

Tues. 24th Mar. 2009 'Me, Roo and Leeds'


Today has been rather special. Roo and I have been planning to go to Leeds for the last few months and today it finally happened. I woke several times kind of excited and kind of anxious, so I was glad to get up and ready. I knew I would be facing some of my demons i.e. driving alone, going on the train and coping generally with a full day, but I felt sure I could cope, plus I felt as though I needed to push the boundaries a bit before my Chemo on Thursday.

Well, just my chuffin luck, only a few miles from home on the main road to York and everything was at a standstill. It normally takes fifteen to twenty mins to York, so an hour and thirty mins later I was well and truly fed up and anxious. Fortunately I was able to contact Roo before she left Ilkley to let her know I would be on a later train.

Arrived in Leeds about 10a.m. and our first port of call was Harvey Nic's where Roo treated me to coffee and a croissant, very posh! We then tootled around the clothes shops trying on various items and giggling like two school girls.

Lunch was really nice in a place called 'Brown's' and I enjoyed every mouthful. We also had a very naughty cocktail and left feeling warm inside and replete! A couple more shops and then I knew I'd had enough so we set off back for the station.

I didn't enjoy the trip home, I felt tearful when I'd waved Roo off at the station and found the journey back difficult and frustrating. However, it was worth it and I will definitely sleep well tonight. Thanks Roo!