Saturday 7 March 2009

Sat. 7th Mar. 2009

Woke twice last night with my whole body trembling and soaked in sweat, a now familiar pattern. Eventually found myself wide awake at 4a.m. so decided to listen to the mini iPod. I can manage this operation in the dark, so I put in the earplugs and switched on. What I didn't realise was the volume was up at maximum and funnily enough the first song was by an African group called Juluga. Well, the first line is "I'm sitting on the top of Kilimanjaro" and trust me I nearly was. I sat bolt upright and tore out the earplugs, while uttering an appropriate expletive.

Fortunately my ears were ok and I didn't suffer a 'temporary threshold shift' as we call it in the OH profession. Needless to say I couldn't go back to sleep, but the selection of music was great, even if some of the songs made me cry.

My reduced steroid decision means that I have felt more nauseous, but so far my stomach is feeling much better than before and despite having a curry last night, I haven't suffered any heartburn, so fingers crossed. All other side effects are kicking in which is depressing and I'm sure the taste side of things is worse - oh well never mind, I will just dream about some treats in a couple of weeks time.

By the way, I apologise for any silly spellings or grammar not picked up by the 'spell checker', but this too is a side effect, some of the simplest things just disappear in the 'chemo fog'.