Sunday 15 March 2009

Sun. 15th Mar. 2009 'Birthday Celebrations'


Another beautiful morning, I'm feeling marginally better and looking forward to a family get together in celebration of our Uncle Peter's Birthday (Mum's brother). Pete and Beverly live down South and they're here for the weekend to see York and visit Mum's grave.

True to form, as soon as I feel slightly better I want to push myself and I decided to do Jamie Oliver's Rice Salad and Potato Salad, thinking it would be nice and simple. Well, it is a simple recipe, but the prep takes ages and I began to wonder if I would finish them. Happily I did and we spent a really nice afternoon at my Sister's house. So the photograph shows from left to right, Sister in Law Tina, Patty, Uncle Peter, Bev & Mike (on the floor), my brother Alan, me and Graham.