Tuesday 10 March 2009

Tues. 10th Mar. 2009

Decided to stay in bed today after a really horrible night feeling hot one minute then unable to get warm the next. Fortunately this does seem to have subsided and my temp. is hanging around 37c, but I was getting worried, fearing a trip to the hospital. I am also experiencing random burning pain, usually along my ribs, but last night it was across my shoulder blades and just added to my discomfort.

I'm still not right this morning, but I'll just have to hope things get better as the day progresses. The worst part is my total inability to do anything, I can't even concentrate on reading and I end up just sitting around all day feeling completely useless.

Had a visit from my brother this afternoon which brightened the day up. Alan had found some letters I wrote to him when he lived down South and they were really funny with little illustrations. They also pinpointed specific times in our/my life, ie when I was expecting Ruth, when Graham and his Dad removed the engine from a Morris 8 (we liked old cars) and even going to a Jethro Tull concert. One of the letters was signed Lesley, Graham, three cats and half a baby!

My new settee arrived late in the afternoon, not that I have any interest at the moment. However, it would look better with 'feet'. They'll now have to be posted and in the meantime we can sit on it, but getting up requires much effort and a lot of groaning!