Wednesday 18 March 2009

Wed. 18th Mar. 2009 'Sunshine, Music & Kitty''

A foggy start to the day, but turning out beautiful again. I walked the dog this morning as Graham had to go out. It's always nice to do the 'normal' stuff, but I was acutely aware of the shortness of breath again. I've nearly finished my antibiotics and I feel well otherwise, so what the hell is this?

Anyway I can't complain as I've had a super day otherwise, with a visit from our friend Allan. We went to the nearby market town of Howden and had a light lunch. When we got back Graham and Allan sat outside playing and singing, it was so relaxing listening to them and the birds chirping away.

I've just cut our cats claws as she's very old. Kitty was born in a cupboard when we came back from Africa and has grown up with the children. She is 21 this May and is so thin that she looks like someone has made her with pipe cleaners! Kitty's bones are so delicate and her legs bend all over the place with arthritis, yet she seems perfectly content and eats more than the dog. If she was in pain I wouldn't hesitate to take her to the vets, but she purrs and cleans herself, puts up with Daisy who tries to give her face a wash, which knocks her over. She totters around and we think she can now 'limbo' under the door. So by way of a change I've posted a picture of Kitty.