Friday 20 March 2009

Frid. 20th Mar. 2009

What a beautiful day and I can honestly say I've felt much better. I still have the shortness of breath and a rather overactive stomach, but I cooked some smoked peppered mackerel and new potatoes for our lunch and really enjoyed it, with very little after taste.

We watched a short documentary by the late Wendy Richards last night. I could really identify with some of the comments she made and I was pleased that she recognised the fact that some people experience a lot of side effects, something she thankfully avoided.

Graham and I talked about the programme today as it obviously raised some questions and worries. For me it highlighted the fact that the future is uncertain and however much we want to believe that the treatment has been successful, there is always that possibility of a recurrence. As Hilz pointed out last night when she called, the last treatment can leave you feeling as though your 'safety net' has been taken away and that's just how I feel. I know in reality that there is always someone there to advise and support, but it does feel strange.