Wednesday 4 February 2009

Wed. 4th Feb. 2009

I had a poor night last night, partly due to the impending treatment, but largely because I had really bad stomach ache, which turned into an urgent need for the loo this morning. Fortunately it does seem to have settled and I've been for my pre-chemo bloods. The nurse at Selby knows me now, I don't make an appointment I just turn up and she fits me in. I even got a hug this morning before I left, how sweet.

I've also had a couple of e-mails this morning which have lifted my spirits, one from Joan & Gerry who are on their way to Honolulu and one from Hilz who gave me some sound words of advice and made me laugh. So I'm rallying my troops ready for battle. My daughter says Frodo would be proud, I do hope so. 'Go Frodo go'.

Update: Received a call at 4p.m. from one of the oncology nurses. I can't have my treatment tomorrow as my white cells are too low (neutropenia) and I would have no immunity at all which could be life threatening. So it's delayed for a week and in the meantime I have to be really careful regarding any rise in temperature or any signs of illness. I'm really disappointed having prepared myself, but there's little I can do. On the positive side, I can enjoy another week of nice food and hopefully get out if the snow stays away.