Friday 20 February 2009

Frid. 20th Feb. 2009


Another day.... Didn't feel like getting up at all today, but made the effort spurred on by the promise of a visit from Hilz. Stomach is a little easier, just feels like a bus has run over it and 'calls of nature' are urgent.

Hilz came and the three of us had a much needed laugh and the usual heart to heart, not to mention a bacon, mushroom and tomato sandwich, which I was longing for well before lunch time, yes the urge to eat is strong, even though I feel slightly sick - weird!

Again, I thank people for their 'blog' comments and rest assured I am still fighting and I know each day should now start to get better as I move towards my 5th treatment. I can tell you though that when it's bad, it's bad. It's not just tiredness, it's as close to 'shut down' as you can get and when I heard recently that Jade Goody had said she just 'wanted to go', I could really, really understand where that was coming from, especially as she knows there's no way back. Hopefully for me and countless others there is a way back and that's what keeps us going. Oh yes, and Gordon Brown is thinking about us all too, bless!