Tuesday 24 February 2009

Tues. 24th Feb. 'Fund Raising Success'

Want to start today's post with some fantastic news. Remember my lovely Niece Dawn and her sponsored 'hair shaving'? Well, it looks as though when all the cheques are collected, Dawn will have raised a staggering £850 for the York Oncology Unit, which for a young Mum with two small, energetic children is an amazing achievement and I can only thank her from the bottom of my heart.
The 'Music Night', also to raise money for the Oncology Unit is this Saturday and it looks as though attendance is going to be high. It should be a really fun night, some great musicians and maybe even some dancing. I should be at my best by Saturday, so I'm getting quite excited, especially as all my family will be there and lots and lots of friends who I've been in touch with, but haven't seen for ages.

I made real Cornish pasties today, the way Graham's Mum used to, with leeks, potatoes, suede and diced stewing beef, not a hint of carrots, peas or mince (oh please). They came out great and Graham's brother called, so we had them for lunch. I'm suffering now, but it was worth it!