Tuesday 24 February 2009

Mon. 23rd Feb. 2009

I'm writing this retrospectively (ha, must be feeling better using words like that). Despite a disturbed night due to my stomach doing impressions of an erupting Mount Vesuvius and waking up with jagged golden teeth circling around in my left eye, Monday was a good day. We made a brief visit to Ikea as I had a list of things I wanted and when I'm on a mission....... Actually, if I'm honest, their lunches are really yummy too and you know the way to a man's heart, not to mention a woman on chemotherapy? Spent the afternoon recovering as a trip like that is a bit like doing a marathon for me right now.

Had one of those stupid moments later on, I'll explain. My Sister had asked if she should come over while Mike was at College. We tend to text each other, so I said great. However, a text arrived mid afternoon which I read several times, but still interpreted as 'We're both germ free, so would you like to come over?' I told Graham, 'plans have changed we're going there'. I asked her 'What time' and she replied 'Around 6p.m., after a light tea'. Strange, thought I, why is she telling me to have a light tea? Anyway, at 6p.m. we got ready and were just going out the door when my phone 'beeped'. A text from Patty saying 'We're on our way' - now I'm confused! Of course, on reading the text again (with Graham), it did actually say 'would you like ME to come over'. After we'd stopped laughing, we settled down to await their arrival.

Yes, I know you're all saying 'but I do that all the time'. The thing is I don't, I'm usually very organised, but at the moment my levels of concentration and problem solving are zilch! Suffice to say, it caused some hilarity and we had a lovely evening eating pancakes and catching up on family news.