Thursday 19 February 2009

Thurs. 19th Feb.2009

No blog yesterday, didn't feel up to it. After a few reasonable days had one of the worst I've experienced for a while, both physically and mentally, completely 'rock bottom', felt dreadful and had not an ounce of energy, but plenty of frustration, which didn't help and made us both fed up with the whole situation. The 'In France' effect is extremely distressing and makes me feel so ill and uncomfortable that I start to lose the will to live, literally. Anyway, having taken prescribed potions daily for the last week, plus prunes, etc, etc, things finally are resolving. Unfortunately that meant a night of extreme stomach cramps and several hurried trips to the loo (sorry if you're eating).

Today - well, I'd have trouble squashing a grape or fighting my way out of a paper bag, but in myself I'm feeling somewhat better, it's just a case of coping with the stomach problem, i.e. trips need to be planned carefully. We're supposed to be going out to see a short play, which would have been fine if my treatment hadn't been delayed, but I need to make the effort, so we'll see how the day goes and update later.

Back from the play - it was really good to get out with my brother & sister-in-law and the play was very clever. It wasn't easy and my stomach was lurching and painful at times. Did have difficulty concentrating at times, but only yawned once and managed not to fall asleep (my fault, not the play). So, we'll see how things go tomorrow although I doubt if energy levels will increase much more now.