Wednesday 11 February 2009

Wed. 11th Feb. 2009

Have been a bit teary for the last few days and especially this morning, don't know why. Anyway, I went to Selby for my 'bloods' this morning and hopefully they'll be ok. The nurse said that the vein in my right arm is very poor due to repeated blood taking and the chemotherapy drugs, she wants me to ask if we can use the left arm next time. I know they don't like this because of the risk of infection, but I am getting a lot of pain and aching so it's worth asking the question.

My brother-in-law (Barry) had his total knee replacement yesterday, so we've just been to see him at Goole Hospital. He looked really well and the physios sat him out while we were there. The op. was done with an epidural only, so Barry was aware of all the hammering and sawing. I've seen it carried out when I did my stint in theatres and it is very agricultural! Barry and Sue are lovely and the problems with Graham's Mum has brought us all much closer.

No phone call, so it must be all systems go.