Tuesday 10 February 2009

Tues. 10th Feb. 2009 'Reconstruction Seminar'

Slept well last night and woke to a sunny morning. The snow has gone as it rained last night and I'm looking forward to a visit from Roo & Gor. Roo is going with me to a seminar at the York Hospital on 'reconstruction'.

The Seminar: Was very interesting, but I have to confess there were moments when we both wanted to laugh, but managed to contain ourselves for fear of being thrown out. It did confirm my decision to ask for a Lat Flap, I don't fancy the idea of an implant and I definitely don't want a prosthesis. The photographs used were not only a bit outdated, but the subjects were less than attractive, I don't think any of them were under 70. Fortunately they did have others which were more up to date and the nipples did at least point in the same direction! Did you know that they can tattoo nipples on or make one out of your own skin - aagh, Roo thinks they should be made of Marzipan?

Anyway, it was worth going and I'm clearer on what's involved, so I'll be able to discuss my options with Mr Mancy Jones.

Back to Selby in the morning to be vamped again, fingers crossed this time!