Wednesday 25 February 2009

Wed. 25th Feb. 2009 'Out & about'

A definite improvement in my energy levels, but the stomach and bowel problems continue and I don't seem to be able to eat anything without developing the now familiar stomach cramps and the need to be near the loo. I have lost a couple of pounds in weight over the last week and I think this is linked to the dodgy digestion.

I am increasingly worried about the next couple of months in relation to work. I want to be signed back in some capacity i.e. working from home, but i am scared that I won't be able to cope, or that my employers won't understand the unpredictability of the side effects and the need for extreme flexibility. I'm sure my fears are unfounded, but I have lost a lot of confidence.

As part of building my confidence, I decided to drive myself to Hilary's house, which is about 30miles away and the longest journey I've done since I left work in October. It was good and I managed the trip without incident - hurray! I left Graham painting the lounge ceiling - it's better if I'm not there as I'm a control freak and would have driven him mad.

So that's it for today and tomorrow I intend to log onto my work lap top and sort out my 'inbox' - aaaagh!