Thursday 26 February 2009

Thurs. 26th Feb. 2009

A quiet day today, don't want to wear myself out before Saturday. We did however go to York to pick up some raffle tickets and bumped into Alan and Tina (brother & sister-in-law), so we had some lunch together.

Shortly after arriving back home, I had a call from my Consultant who wanted to discuss possible dates for my mastectomy and reconstruction. I could see Graham's puzzled face as I revealed my bra size and discussed intimate details regarding my bosom! Anyway, I'm going to end up with slightly smaller boobs, so there are some benefits, ha ha.

I've also spoken recently to an ex work colleague who was diagnosed with breast cancer two years ago and was given Herceptin last year. It was a really useful conversation (more than an hour) and I'm feeling a little better about it. I say a little, because although she didn't have any side effects with Herceptin, she also didn't have any major side effects with the chemotherapy, after the first treatment. I also received my appointment for an echo cardiogram this morning, so things feel as though they're moving on.