Tuesday 26 May 2009

Tues 26th May 2009 'No regrets'

Do I have any regrets for choosing reconstruction? well today I think I did, because four weeks on and I'm still experiencing acute pain and fluid collecting along my back. I realise I'm probably being impatient and expecting too much, but it doesn't help. Last night I slept very little due to acute discomfort which seemed to come on just before bed time. Yes, I did have a busy day making lunch for family visitors, but I did nothing out of the ordinary. The only possible trigger for a flare up may have been a sneeze! It seems ridiculous I know, but I remember it pulling the muscle in my back and causing it to feel knotted and in spasm.

So today has been a dead loss as I've been too tired to be bothered with anything, yet frustrated and bored. Still, not long to our Skye journey, plus Roo and Gor have returned safely from their mega trip to New England.

When I'm in pain and tired I do wish I hadn't bothered, but when I look in the mirror at my reconstructed breast, I can't help but marvel at the result, so onward and upward and definitely 'NO REGRETS'.