Saturday 16 May 2009

Sat. 16th May 2009

It's been a tough few days and I can't lie about the amount of pain and discomfort. I've managed to get through by reminding myself that the 'short term pain' will be worth the 'long term gain'. I know that from a psychological point of view I would have struggled without the reconstruction as my femininity and body shape is important to me.

When I woke up this morning I was immediately aware that the swelling under my arm had subsided ever so slightly and was less sensitive to touch. Lets hope this is the beginning of a gradual improvement.

Did I tell you that I've been trying contact lenses. Well I don't think they're going to work, especially as I managed to mistake baby moisturiser for cleaning fluid this morning - doh!


Been for a look around the Lotherton Hall Flower Show with my Sissy and Brother in Law. It was a welcome break, but I'm very tired now - need a sleep zzzzzzzzzz!

Note: I now have a noticeable covering of hair, very soft and rather grey looking, but it's hair!!