Monday 4 May 2009

Free at last!

Just arrived home. Whoopee! Last night was the worst night I've had and I confess I sat up and had a good cry at one point. Initially I was told one drain could come out this morning and the other this afternoon. Fortunately Mr MJ came to see me - 'you must be bored out of your head by now' he said 'lets take them both out and see how you go' Oh boy, music to my ears.


-- Both drains removed at 12p.m. The second one wasn't very pleasant, I asked the nurse if it was attached to my foot. She said it was a 10" drain, long even in her experience. Anyway, I can go now and as Ruth and Gordon are in York and Graham is stuck in Selby Bank Holiday traffic, they are coming to take me home. Finally escaped at 1p.m. and once home really enjoyed a spaghetti bolognaise.

I have to say how well I was treated in Hospital. All the staff were superb and I think we are really lucky to have such a service. It's a pity the Government doesn't have the same view.