Friday 1 May 2009

Thur. 30th April - Day two Post Op.

Here's a piccy of some flowers I received this morning from our friends Joan and Gerry - thrilled to bits with them :-)


Last night was awful, apart from the swelling I had epigastric discomfort and needed Gaviscon. I think they were worried I was having chest pain as they've ordered an ECG, but I'm sure it's just pressure, maybe made worse by the Diclofenac they gave me last night on an empty stomach!

Anyway, MJ came eventually and said he thought it was just the swelling and bruising. He wrote me up for a stat dose of Morphine (my pump came down last night) and that worked really well, I slept on and off all day.

Decided to walk down for lunch today, a bit wobbly, but good to get out of bed. Had loads of visitors in the afternoon, Pat, Mike, Adam, Fran, Helen and Graham. Graham looked dreadful, tired and fed up. I was really tired when everyone had gone, but it's nice having visitors as the days are long and boring.