Friday 22 May 2009

Frid. 22nd May

A really awful night, couldn't sleep much due to pain and pressure from a new build up of seroma. I don't know if this is due to having the Herceptin infusion and saline flushes in my left arm, or a reaction to me potting three small plants (crouching pulls my left back). It may well be the latter which has inflamed the tissue again. If so it's very annoying and really highlights how limited I am if I don't want to keep upsetting the healing process.

I was going to ring the Breast Care Nurses this morning, but I've decided to wait and see if the fluid is absorbed again over the weekend. There is a risk of infection every time fluid is drained off and I'd rather avoid that. Also, Daisy is due for a coat 'stripping' this morning which takes about three hours and it would only complicate the day if we had to scoot off to York. I will increase the Diclofenac and Paracetamol again and generally take it easy - ha ha!