Saturday 9 May 2009

Sat. 9th May 2009 - Gifts, Cards and Company


What a lovely day! First of all I slept quite well last night, probably due to rest and regular pain killers.

Apart from the fact that it was a lovely day, I had the most wonderful bouquet of flowers delivered (inset)courtesy of my workmates - thanks guys you're all great!. You can't see from the photograph, but many of the flowers have small jewels inset at their centre.

Not long after, the postman delivered a package from Australia which contained a bar of Aussie chocolate (recovery food) and a super cookery book, so that Graham can cook me some nice meals! I do feel really lucky to have so many people supporting me.

Joan and Gerry arrived at 12.30p.m. and we had fish and chips, something none of us have had for a long time, they were lovely. Just after lunch Ruth and Gordon arrived for a visit before they set off on their 'New England' holiday.

So all in all it's been a super day and apart from being a little uncomfortable at times, I've felt quite well and really enjoyed all the gifts, cards and company.