Wednesday 15 April 2009

Wed. 15th Apr. 2009 'Fond memories'

Remembering my good friend Christine who passed away four years ago today and smiling when I think of the good times we shared with Chris and Alan, especially up in Skye. We'll be making the journey again soon with Alan and my sons and I can't wait to immerse myself in its beauty, enjoy some good food, good company and lots of music with family and friends.

It was day two of working and didn't go too well. We had a Conference Call booked for 10a.m. I was all ready to dial in when, oh oh, need the loo. I seriously thought I would pass out at one point the gripes were so bad and when it finally settled I was 15 minutes late and feeling completely washed out. Tried to dial in on my mobile, but lost the network connection after only a few minutes, so ended up using our own land line for the 90 minute call.

I did manage to follow what was going on regarding the Minutes etc., but didn't feel I could contribute much. On a positive note, I am sure it will help me in the long term to integrate back into my role and eventually my head will be clearer and I will have the info I need to hand, something I find frustrating at the moment. As Graham pointed out, I need to be patient and realistic about what I've been through and honest about my limitations - it will get better.