Friday 24 April 2009

Fri. 24th April 'Facing Demons'

Today is my last day at work again for a few weeks and I've actually driven to Brinsworth for a pre-arranged meeting with Margaret. That might not seem noteworthy to most people, but for me it was a big step. Last time I went Graham drove me in and it was just a social visit. This time was different as it was the culmination of two weeks working from home.

First of all I would be driving myself there and back, seeing people I hadn't seen for ages and catching up on business issues with Margaret and Beth who's been helping out. Nothing major really, but I still have the memories of my last day at Brinsworth and the acute Vertigo attack which was no doubt triggered by the stress of my diagnosis and my desire to leave everything in a reasonable state. So in many ways I was having to face some 'Demons' related to the above experience.

Well, I'm pleased to report that the day has gone really well. My motorway journey went smoothly and I felt fairly relaxed. It was great to see Margaret, meet Beth and catch up with one or two other colleagues at Brinsworth especially Joan who's been a real friend since I started there and throughout the past six months - (well I didn't need the enamel bowl this time Joan!).

So that's it in relation to work, until I'm recovered from the surgery, which I'm hoping will be in 6 - 8wks. I do feel re-assured that I'll be able to drop back into my role eventually and I'm quite excited about that now.