Saturday 18 April 2009

Sat. 18th Apr. 2009 'Happy Birthday Joseph'


Been looking forward to this day for a while because all my children are coming over for dinner. I promised Joe I would do real Grandma style Cornish Pasties, so I got up at 8a.m. to start preparing them. For some strange reason I felt very sickly and had to ask Graham to cut up the stewing steak. Fortunately it did settle and I was able to do the rest, which took two and a half hours.

It's been a beautiful day, the pasties turned out great, if a little on the big side. Later in the afternoon we brought Graham's Mum over to share a Birthday cake with Joe (she's 91 tomorrow). Ruth took the photograph - talk about every picture telling a story, I think we all look happy!

All in all it was a super day and just what I needed, I love having the family together, we always have a laugh and I'm sad when they go.