Friday 3 April 2009

Frid. 3rd Apr. 2009

Graham and I talked last night about my illness and how it has turned our lives upside down. Graham said he was really 'brassed off ' with the whole thing and feels that 'nothing is real' at the moment. That wasn't directed at me, just things in general and I know what he means, it's like living in some kind of parallel universe. I know that Graham doesn't feel he should be 'fed up' or complain about the situation, but I've always told him, that in many ways, we're going through this together. Partners are often forgotten because they're not experiencing the physical aspects of the illness, but if the bond is strong, it hurts them in hidden ways.

The other thing I've been thinking about, is when to wind down and stop writing this blog. I suspect that many readers and followers will assume that now my chemotherapy is over, the Journey has ended, but for me (and Graham), it's just the close of a Chapter. So, I've decided that I will probably update it on a weekly basis as from Monday, at least until I have my surgery and I'll keep it going until I've settled into the Herceptin treatment and got back to work. I must admit I have found it very therapeutic and I'm sure I will miss it, but I'm happy that I've been able to record everything and I'm looking forward to printing it out and reading it through from the start.